Kresge Art Museum welcomes professors and teaching assistants
to bring classes
to the museum. The museum’s permanent collection numbers
over 7,500 objects
and presents 8-10 changing exhibitions each year as well as offering
a variety of
interdisciplinary opportunities through exhibitions, public
Tours for University Students
- Self-guided tours on a variety of subjects are available,
as are special gallery learning projects that provide undergraduates
with an interdisciplinary museum experience.
- Docents, our specially trained volunteers, are available
to lead groups on tours of the museum and special exhibitions.
- Scheduling: Docent-guided tours are offered from
mid-September until the end of June Tuesday through Friday
(9 a.m. - 1 p.m.). Limit: 35 students.
To schedule call Cari at (517) 884-0653 at least three weeks in advance.
- Because of space limitations all group tours must
be scheduled in advance, including those without docent
guidance. Professors and Teaching Assistants may conduct
their own tours but need to let us know in advance.
Bringing a class to a museum lecture or public program
- Kresge Art Museum plans a variety of interdisciplinary
programming to accompany its exhibitions. Please refer to
our exhibition page and event calendar for a complete list
of exhibits and programs that might apply to concepts you
are teaching in your class.
Information about Exhibitions and Events
- Calendar handouts are available at the museum for you
to distribute to your classes.
- Ambassador program- MSU Faculty and Staff who receive
emails and mail (exhibition announcements, public program
flyers, and other information about the museum) from the
museum to distribute to their departments, colleagues,
friends—a larger audience than KAM reaches. Contact
- Email List- Twice a month emails are sent from the museum
with a list of current exhibitions and upcoming public
To be added to this list please