Campbell Hall, 1939
Malcomson, Calder & Hammond Architectural Firm

Partially funded by the PWA, Campbell Hall is part of a complex of six residence halls originally for women. It was named after Louise H. Campbell, a state home demonstration leader from 1920 to 1930. The Tudor-style design, with its high-pitched gabled roofs, metal casement windows, slate roof, and Renaissance detailing, recalls medieval estates.

 

 

 

artmuseum.msu.edu

Return to Map