Giltner Hall, 1913, 1931, 1938, 1940, 1947, 1952, 1968
Bowd-Munson Architects (1938)

In 1938 PWA funds were secured to expand the Veterinary Clinic, erected in 1913 on the southeast corner of Farm Lane and East Circle Drive. Designed by the Bowd-Munson architectural firm, the addition blended well with the Collegiate Gothic style of the existing structure. In 1952, the expanding Veterinary Clinic was joined to the building for the Department of Anatomy and Animal Pathology to its east to form Giltner Hall. This building honors former professor and Dean of Veterinary Medicine, Ward Giltner (1882 – 1950) and houses scientific laboratories and classrooms.

 

 

artmuseum.msu.edu

Return to Map