Judging Pavilion, 1938
Bowd-Munson Architects (Demolished)
Image courtesy of Michigan State University Archives and Historical
The PWA Livestock Judging Pavilion once stood north of the Engineering
Building and south of the International Center on Shaw Lane until
it was torn down in 1997 and replaced by the Pavilion for Agriculture
and Livestock Education on the south edge of campus. Today, twelve
pylons with pyramidal crowns and alternating bands of limestone,
concrete, and brick refer to the former site of the Judging Pavilion.
Two plaques on the pylons commemorate the history of the building
and its importance to MSU as an agricultural college.